Berkeley County Public Service Water District (BCPSWD) is looking for a Water Quality/Operator to work at our treatment plants located in Falling Waters and Bunker Hill, WV.
Berkeley County is a fast growing area with a great deal of natural beauty. It borders Maryland and Virginia and is relatively close to Pennsylvania and Washington DC, offering many opportunities for historical and recreational activities.
Salary Ranges: $ 14.50 – 28.00 / hour depending on qualifications and experience
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for collecting samples from the treatment plant or distribution system, performing routine water quality analysis, sample custody, data entry and recordkeeping.
- Interprets water quality results and initiate chemical dosage changes to treatment process.
- Responsible for organizing functions and activities related to environmental management and water quality for assigned facility.
- Investigates water quality complaints in the field and determines course of action needed.
- Responsible for maintaining all applicable lab certifications, accreditations, or approvals to conduct compliance and process quality control work.
- Implements programs to ensure environmental compliance.
- Assists in resolving treatment issues.
- Monitor/calibrate and troubleshoot analyzers, equipment, etc. to ensure established standards of performance and accuracy are maintained
- Reporting results to West Virginia Health Department using EPA & WVBPH Compliance Portal.
- Water Operator duties to include:
- Plant operation
- Filter back-washing
- Use of water treatment chemicals
- Maintenance of equipment
- Ongoing studying/testing to receive their Class 4 licenses (required)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Understanding of the principles of water and/or wastewater treatment.
- Experience in water, wastewater and/or environmental compliance.
- Must have and/or obtain Certification and Licenses as required by WV Bureau of Public Health.
- Basic computer skills and attention to detail/accuracy; working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English); legible handwriting.
- Candidates must pass the pre-employment screening tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or related coursework.
- Water Operator’s License - Class I through Class IV.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry and laboratory techniques and QA/QC programs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, Federal and State environmental standards and regulations and understanding of current environmental legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of proper lab analytical testing methods; be able to troubleshoot systems.
Local and occasional regional.
Monday – Friday, Standard business hours
Emergencies may require overtime